To strengthen the channel community, two day meeting was held on 26th and 27th August at Hotel Crown Plaza, New Delhi. FAIITA along with PCAIT and ICT Brand Owners sat together and tried to resolve the ongoing fight between offline and online markets. This meeting was convened by PCAIT of New Delhi and in this meeting both the parties expressed their views and the points were tabled.
The followings were the concerns tabled by FAIITA on behalf of pan India B&M:
- ‘Zero Tolerance’ to online led disruption anytime, especially during forthcoming festive season.
- Details related to SKUs _ inter alia_ Models, Quantity sold to or will sell to Online for their planned forthcoming festive sales and likely price shall be shared with secretary FAIITA or their respective authorized channel in advance.
- Models, SKUs, Derivatives and specifications and availability of all products will remain same from customer perspective across all GTMs.
- As far as possible frequent and immediate price drop on products carried by B&M shall be avoided by Brand Owners.
- HP supplies have taken initiatives and planned some more to uniquely identify and distinguish any toner from counterfeit and ensure to protect the credibility of their channel partner.
- MRP of all products will be same across all GTMs, and Online will not be permitted to publish deceptively escalated MRP and significant discount offered thereby.