Today, announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics (APUs). Together, these offerings take gaming performance, immersive experiences, and visual fidelity to new heights.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards redefine what is possible in 1440p gaming. Built on the ground-breaking all-new AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the new graphics cards deliver superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles. Starting today, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are available on AMD.com and from leading etailers and retailers for $399 and $349 USD SEP1, respectively, and the 50th Anniversary Edition Radeon RX 5700 XTgraphics card is available while supplies last for $449 USD SEP1 from AMD.com and JD.com.
With up to 12 cores and 24 threads now available, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors are another powerful demonstration of the technology leadership of AMD, delivering the first high-performance 7nm processors in consumer desktop PCs. Building on the legacy of high-performance “Zen” architectures, the “Zen 2” microarchitecture incorporates enhancements that deliver a significant IPC uplift of an estimated 15 percent generationally2 for faster gaming and content creation. Beginning today, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, including the new Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics, are available globally at leading etailers and retailers starting at just $99 USD SEP1.
“We are proud to deliver our newest AMD Radeon graphics cards and AMD Ryzen processor products to create the ultimate PC gaming platform with leadership performance at every price point,” said Dr. Lisa Su, President and CEO, AMD. “AMD is committed to driving innovation and competition across the computing and graphics markets to give PC enthusiasts, gamers and creators incredible experiences and unmatched value.”
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics Cards: Amazing Value and Performance for 1440p Gaming
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards harness the RDNA gaming architecture, which was built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming. The new RDNA architecture supports high-speed GDDR6 memory, provides PCIe 4.0 support, and provides up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock3 and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt over AMD’s previous Graphic Core Next (GCN) architecture4, enabling hyper-realistic, ultra-responsive and high-framerate gaming experiences.
The newest Radeon graphics cards offer powerful new features to elevate 1440p gaming, including:
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by other post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 12, and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays.
- FidelityFX – Offers an open-source toolkit for game developers with high-quality post-process effects to help make games look beautiful while offering an optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent5.
|Model||Compute Units||Stream Processors||TFLOPS||GDDR6 (GB)||Base Clock (MHz)||Game Clock6 (MHz)||Boost Clock (MHz)||SEP1
|50th Anniversary Edition Radeon™ RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 10.14||8||1,680||1,830||Up to 1,980||$449|
|Radeon™ RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 9.75||8||1,605||1,755||Up to 1,905||$399|
|Radeon™ RX 5700||36||2,304||Up to 7.95||8||1,465||1,625||Up to 1,725||$349|
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors: Unparalleled Platform and Leadership Performance
Built on power-efficient 7nm-based processors, the new 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable ultimate performance, power efficiency, and core counts across single-thread and multi-thread workloads, offering:
- Elite gaming performance – With higher clock speeds, more performance per clock2, and larger L3 cache than the previous generation, plus new synergies with the Windows® 10 May 2019 Update, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable more powerful and smoother gaming experiences across 1080p and 1440p resolutions7,8.
- Winning content creation performance – For content creators, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable a commanding performance advantage9 over the competition in rendering, encoding, color grading, and more.
- Cooler and quieter PC experience – 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors offer supreme performance with highly energy efficient operation, enabling up to 58% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 9 Processors and up to 30% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 7 Processors — all while running in a highly efficient, low-power envelope — than the competition10,11.
- Overclocking made simple12 – Like all AMD Ryzen Processors, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors are fully multiplier and voltage unlocked. New Precision Boost Overdrive13 with Automatic Overclocking can deliver even higher performance on 3000 Series Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 processors by communicating with the user’s motherboard and increasing the maximum clock frequency by up to 200MHz at the touch of a button. A new and improved AMD Ryzen™ Master Software utility is also available, including a redesigned user interface and many new features, offering users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance from their AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor.
Additionally, with the release of the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, AMD designed and unveiled the new X570 chipset for AMD Socket AM4, enabling the world’s first platform with PCIe® 4.0 support for consumers. Unique support for PCIe® 4.0 paves the way for new classes of high-performance graphics cards, networking devices, NVMe drives, and more. With over 100 AM4 motherboards currently in market, our partners are expected to introduce an additional 50+ models with the new AMD X570 chipset to complete the widest selection of launch motherboards in AMD history.
Together, the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processor family with a X570 motherboard enable more high-speed ports and lanes than any other mainstream socket – a truly enthusiast-worthy solution.
|3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors||Cores/
|TDP14 (Watts)||Boost/Base Freq. (GHz)||L2 + L3 Cache (MB)||PCIe® 4.0 Lanes (processor + AMD X570)||SEP1 (USD)|
|Ryzen™ 9 3950X||16/32||105||4.7/3.5||72||44 (36 useable)||Available September 2019|
|Ryzen™ 9 3900X||12/24||105||4.6/3.8||70||44 (36 useable)||$499|
|Ryzen™ 7 3800X||8/16||105||4.5/3.9||36||44 (36 useable)||$399|
|Ryzen™ 7 3700X||8/16||65||4.4/3.6||36||44 (36 useable)||$329|
|Ryzen™ 5 3600X||6/12||95||4.4/3.8||35||44 (36 useable)||$249|
|Ryzen™ 5 3600||6/12||65||4.2/3.6||35||44 (36 useable)||$199|
AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics
AMD also announced availability of the Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics, armed with higher CPU and graphics clock speeds than its prior generation of processors, plus new driver features like Radeon Anti-Lag. Offering best-in-class graphics performance15;smooth framerates for 1080p gamers16; 4K HDR streaming capabilities; and Radeon™ FreeSync support17, the latest generation of AMD Ryzen Processors with Graphics are ideal for affordable gaming rigs, SFF PCs, HTPCs, and other unique builds.
|Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics||Cores /
|TDP (Watts)||Boost/Base Freq. (GHz)||Graphics (Graphics Clock)||L2 + L3 Cache (MB)||SEP1(USD)|
|Ryzen™ 5 3400G||4/8||65||4.2/3.7||Radeon™ RX Vega 11 (1400 MHz)||6||$149|
|Ryzen™ 3 3200G||4/4||65||4.0/3.6||Radeon™ Vega 8 (1250 MHz)||6||$99|
Play Gears 5 and 100+ Other PC Games with Xbox Game Pass18
AMD is also offering the Xbox Game Pass for PC, providing complimentary, three-month access to Xbox Game Pass for PC with the purchase of AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards, AMD Ryzen 3000 Series processors, and other select AMD products from participating retailers.